Salmon and horseradish cream lentils
- October 2011
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g Puy lentils
- Handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- 450ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 tbsp creamed hot horseradish
- 75ml double cream
- Good squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat the butter with the oil in an ovenproof dish, then fry the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, fry for 30 seconds, then stir in the lentils, thyme and stock. Cover with a lid or tin foil, then transfer to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lentils from the oven. Stir in the horseradish, cream, lemon juice and some seasoning. Season the salmon, place on top, then return to the oven, covered, for 8-10 minutes until the fillets are just cooked.
- Remove the dish from the oven, then sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with the chard.
Rate & review