Sauerkraut cooked in Riesling with apples and sausages
- November 2005
- A jar of sauerkraut
- 150g cooking apples, diced
- 8 juniper berries
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- 300ml German Riesling
- 4 German sausages, such as bratwurst (grilling sausage)
- Drain and rinse the sauerkraut. Add the sauerkraut to a saucepan with the apples, juniper berries, caraway seeds and wine. Put over a medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a simmer and add the sausages. Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain and fry for 5 minutes in a frying pan over a medium heat, until golden brown.
- Serve the cooked sausages with the sauerkraut and cooked and peeled waxy potatoes. This is delicious with German mustard and plenty of warm crusty bread or pretzels.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...