Sausage, chorizo and red pepper rolls
- March 2020
- SERVES 4
- HANDS-ON TIME 10 MIN, OVEN TIME 25 MIN
Whether it’s an easy lunch or a fill-your-boots brunch, these epic rolls are bound to please any meat-lover. Use high-quality meat and super fresh bread for best results.
- 52.7g (11.6g saturated)
- 44.7g (10.1g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 British outdoor-reared pork sausages, cut in half lengthways
- 4 cooking chorizo sausages (see tip), cut in half lengthways
- 4 red or orange romano peppers, halved lengthways
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved
- 1½ tbsp sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise (we used saffron mayo)
- 40g rocket
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Heat the oil in a heavy roasting tin in the oven for 5 minutes. Add both types of sausage, cut-side down, and roast for 5 minutes. Add the peppers and roast for 20 minutes, turning everything halfway through.
- Toast, warm or griddle the ciabatta rolls. Once the sausages are cooked, put in a bowl, add the vinegar and mix well.
- Spread the rolls with mayonnaise, then fill with the rocket, sausages and peppers along with some juices from the roasting tin.
Aim for a good mixture of chorizo and regular sausage in each sandwich for the best flavour combo. We like Unearthed cooking chorizo, from Waitrose and Ocado, which has higher welfare standards.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Hot dogs with spiced onions
Meltingly soft spiced onions add a bit of a kick to this simple hot dog...
Cumberland sausage hot dogs with beery onions
These hot dogs with beery onions from Debbie Major make a perfect TV supper on...