Smoked salmon souffléd omelette
- June 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
We’ve whipped the egg whites to give this speedy omelette a wonderfully light soufflé texture. Served with smoked salmon and a good squeeze of lemon it makes a wonderful lunch or light dinner for two.
- 52.7g (16.3g saturated)
- 10.6g (8.7g sugars)
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- 100ml + 2 tbsp soured cream
- A chopped bunch of fresh dill
- A glug of olive oi
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 30g parmesan
- 100g sliced smoked salmon
- A handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- A squeeze of lemon
- Heat the grill to high. Separate the eggs into 2 mixing bowls. Whisk 100ml of the soured cream and the chopped fresh dill into the yolks. Heat a large non-stick frying pan with a glug of olive oil. Fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add crushed garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks when the beaters are removed. Gently fold into the egg yolks using a large metal spoon. Pour the mixture into the frying pan and leave to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Grate over the parmesan, then put under the grill for 3-4 minutes until golden, risen and set. Top with smoked salmon, a handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and a little extra chopped fresh dill. Dollop over 2 tbsp soured cream and add a squeeze of lemon, then slice and serve with a green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoked salmon recipes
Eggs en cocotte with hot-smoked salmon, leeks and peas
This French recipe for baked eggs makes a light and easy dinner. It’s equally good...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...