Spiced lamb mince with onions, chard and fried eggs
- March 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, simmering time 25 min
Serve this spicy lamb mince with pitta breads for a midweek meal that’s quick and cheap too.
- 31.2g (7.7g saturated)
- 16g (9.8g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 3 large onions
- 300g rainbow chard
- 2 tbsp baharat spice mix(from the spice aisle of large supermarkets)
- 300g British lamb mince
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Toasted pittas
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Slice the onions and fry with a pinch of salt for 5-6 minutes.
- Separate the chard stalks and leaves; roughly chop the leaves and finely chop the stalks. Add the stalks to the pan and after 2-3 minutes add the baharat, cooking for 2-3 minutes more.
- Season and add the mince; fry on a high heat until brown. Add the tomatoes, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes. Add the chard leaves and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Chop the parsley. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the eggs. Squeeze the lemon juice over the lamb and stir in the parsley and pine nuts. Divide among plates and top with the eggs. Serve with toasted pittas.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...