Spiced roast chicken with quinoa tabbouleh
- July 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 30 min to cook
This healthy spiced roast chicken recipe is low fat, low GI and rich in protein. If you can’t find quinoa for the tabbouleh, use couscous.
- 9.9g (1.5g saturated)
- 35.6g (10.1g sugar)
- 4 small free-range chicken breasts
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g quinoa
- Vegetable stock
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 10g each chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, coriander and mint
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper. Mix the spices and 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a bowl, then leave the chicken to marinate in the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa in vegetable stock according to the pack instructions, then leave to cool.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken, turning, for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 16-18 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the cooked quinoa, cucumber, tomato, herbs and pomegranate seeds. Divide the tabbouleh among four plates or bowls and top with the roasted chicken breast, sliced. This is good served with mango chutney, if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter