Chicken and chorizo wraps
- July 2007
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 25 mins, plus marinating
Simple wraps with chicken and chorizo; you can replace the meat with halloumi to make the recipe vegetarian.
With chicken and chorizo to hand, you could also think about making this chicken and chorizo paella.
- 25.8g (8.2g saturated),
- 48.6g (5.4g sugars)
- 2 large, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp smoked hot paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Warmed tortilla wraps, to serve
- 142ml pot soured cream, to serve
- Mixed dressed salad, to serve
For the sauce
- 280g jar roasted red peppers in oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 75g piece chorizo, skinned and diced
- Cut the chicken into large chunks and put in a non-metallic bowl with the paprika, garlic, lemon zest and juice and oil. Season, toss together and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Drain and roughly chop the peppers, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. Heat the reserved oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the peppers, chorizo and a splash of water. Cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 5 minutes, until the sauce is thickened. Season to taste. Cover and keep warm.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Thread the marinated chicken onto metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them first in water to prevent scorching). Grill for about 5 minutes each side, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers and serve on the wraps with the sauce, soured cream and a mixed dressed salad.
For veggies, replace the chorizo with 1 diced courgette, and use 400g diced halloumi instead of the chicken.
Rate & review