Chicken and chorizo wraps
- July 2007
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 25 mins, plus marinating
Simple wraps with chicken and chorizo; you can replace the meat with halloumi to make the recipe vegetarian.
With chicken and chorizo to hand, you could also think about making this chicken and chorizo paella.
- 25.8g (8.2g saturated),
- 48.6g (5.4g sugars)
- 2 large, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp smoked hot paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Warmed tortilla wraps, to serve
- 142ml pot soured cream, to serve
- Mixed dressed salad, to serve
For the sauce
- 280g jar roasted red peppers in oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 75g piece chorizo, skinned and diced
- Cut the chicken into large chunks and put in a non-metallic bowl with the paprika, garlic, lemon zest and juice and oil. Season, toss together and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Drain and roughly chop the peppers, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. Heat the reserved oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the peppers, chorizo and a splash of water. Cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 5 minutes, until the sauce is thickened. Season to taste. Cover and keep warm.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Thread the marinated chicken onto metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them first in water to prevent scorching). Grill for about 5 minutes each side, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers and serve on the wraps with the sauce, soured cream and a mixed dressed salad.
For veggies, replace the chorizo with 1 diced courgette, and use 400g diced halloumi instead of the chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoky chicken wraps
This chicken recipe is ideal for freezing; just make and freeze the sauce then defrost...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...