Spiced sweetcorn and potato fritters with guacamole
- April 2012
- 300g (2 medium) potatoes
- 198g tinned sweetcorn (we like Green Giant), drained
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce (we like Blue Dragon)
- Zest and juice of ½ lime, other half cut into wedges
- Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 195g tub good quality guacamole
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes onto a clean tea towel, squeeze out as much water from the flesh as you can, then transfer to a bowl.
- Stir though the sweetcorn, chilli sauce, lime zest, most of the coriander, the chilli, flour and half the beaten egg. Season well. Pour the oil into a large frying pan to about 0.5cm in depth over a medium heat.
- When hot, add large tablespoonfuls of fritter mixture and press down gently with a spatula. Cook on one side for 2 minutes or until golden brown, crispy and set, then carefully flip and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove, set aside and repeat with the remaining mixture (it will make about 6 fritters in total).
- Meanwhile mix the guacamole with a squeeze of lime juice and stir through the remaining coriander. Divide the fritters between 2 plates, dollop with guacamole and serve with the lime wedges.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...