Sprouts with thyme butter
- December 2007
- Serves 8
- Ready in 15 minutes
This recipe for braised sprouts with thyme butter is a classic side dish fit for any roast.
- 6.7g (3.7g saturated)
- 5.3g (3.8g sugar)
- 50g butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 900g prepared Brussels sprouts
- 125ml fresh vegetable stock, hot
- Leaves of a few fresh thyme sprigs
- Melt half the butter in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook gently for 1 minute. Increase the heat and add the sprouts and stock. Season, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain, toss with the remaining butter and the thyme, and serve.
Not suitable for freezing, but to get ahead follow step 1, cooking for 6-8 minutes. Drain, cool, dot with butter and reheat to serve.
Rate & review