Sprouts with thyme butter
- December 2007
- 50g butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 900g prepared Brussels sprouts
- 125ml fresh vegetable stock, hot
- Leaves of a few fresh thyme sprigs
- Melt half the butter in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook gently for 1 minute. Increase the heat and add the sprouts and stock. Season, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain, toss with the remaining butter and the thyme, and serve.
Not suitable for freezing, but to get ahead follow step 1, cooking for 6-8 minutes. Drain, cool, dot with butter and reheat to serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...