- September 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 15 min to cook
A quick pasta recipe with flavourful steak and a creamy lemon sauce.
- 17.7g (8.2g saturated)
- 63.5g (3.4g sugar)
- 1 heaped tbsp mixed peppercorns
- 2 large sirloin steaks (about 500g total)
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 large finely sliced shallots
- 1 large crushed garlic clove
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Sea salt
- 350g tagliatelle
- 50g rocket
- Grated Parmesan
- Crush 1 heaped tbsp mixed peppercorns in a mortar and pestle and spread evenly over a small plate. Brush both sides of 2 large sirloin steaks (about 500g total) with 1 tsp Dijon mustard, then press into the crushed pepper and season with a little sea salt. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, then fry the steaks for 2 minutes on each side (or longer if you prefer). Remove to a plate to rest. Add another 1 tbsp olive oil to the same pan, lower the heat and soften 4 large finely sliced shallots and 1 large crushed garlic clove for 5 minutes. Stir through 3 tbsp crème fraîche, 1 tsp Dijon mustard and the zest and juice of ½ lemon. Season with sea salt.
- Meanwhile, cook 350g tagliatelle in a large pan of salted boiling water, according to the pack instructions, until al dente. Drain the pasta, return it to the pan and spoon over the creamy sauce, stirring to coat. Thinly slice the peppered steak and fold through the pasta with 50g rocket. Serve with grated Parmesan to sprinkle over.
Rate & review