Kimchi beef burger
- August 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Burgers get a Korean-inspired makeover in this delicious recipe. Serve juicy beef patties (made using our ultimate beef burger recipe) with gochujang chilli mayo, kimchi and a fried egg.
Have a crack at making your own kimchi, with our easy homemade kimchi recipe.
- 60.7g (15.2g saturated)
- 46g (11.1g sugars)
- ½ portion delicious. ultimate beef burgers
- 4 tbsp Korean barbecue sauce (bulgogi sauce) or other good quality bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp gochujang chilli paste
- Dash maple syrup or honey
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- 250g kimchi, drained (see Know-how)
- Sesame seeds and thinly sliced spring onions to serve
You’ll also need
- Griddle pan, barbecue or heavy-bottomed frying pan
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat or prepare a barbecue for high direct heat. Cook the burger patties for 6-8 minutes, brushing with the Korean barbecue sauce and turning several times until cooked through, well browned with a little char.
- While the burgers are cooking, heat ½ the vegetable oil in a frying pan until very hot. Crack in 2 eggs and fry till the whites are set and crispy around the edges and the yolks still runny (or cooked to your liking). Repeat with remaining oil and eggs.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, gochujang chilli paste and maple syrup/honey. Divide the chilli mayonnaise between the toasted burger buns. Top with a burger on each, then pile on some kimchi and a fried egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions and pop on the lids. Serve immediately with fries on the side if you like.
Kimchi ranges from mild to super hot. Choose one to match your own spice preference.
Gochujang is a sweet and spicy Korean chilli paste. Find it in larger supermarkets, Asian grocers or online. If you can’t find it, use Thai chilli paste or sriracha instead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roast chicken recipes
Korean-spiced roast chicken with kimchi fried rice
Add a Korean twist to your Sunday with our fiery roast chicken recipe. Then, later...