Sticky chicken with jasmine rice
- January 2012
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 40 min, plus 20 minutes marinating time
Add flair to your midweek meals with this sweet sticky chicken recipe with jasmine rice.
- 15.6g (5.8g saturated)
- 60.8g (4.6g sugars)
- 1 diced red chilli
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 150g jasmine rice
- 1-2 tbsp creamed coconut
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Spring onions, sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Mix the chilli, garlic, honey and soy sauce, then use to marinate the chicken breasts for 20 minutes.
- Cook the jasmine rice until tender, drain, then stir in the creamed coconut.
- Heat the sesame oil over a medium heat in a griddle pan.
- Cook the chicken (reserving the marinade) for 6 minutes on each side. Add the marinade and bubble for 2 minutes.
- Slice the chicken, garnish with spring onions, sesame seeds and coriander, then serve with the rice and lime wedges.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter