Sticky roast chicken thighs with carrot, sweetcorn and herb salad
- August 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 min to make, 25 min to cook
A simple roast recipe using chicken thighs, served with a quick and easy salad, makes a mid-week meal.
- 100ml Jack Daniel’s Smokey Sweet Barbecue Glaze (widely available), or similar
- 150g Birds Eye Field Fresh Supersweet Sweetcorn, defrosted, or similar
- 50g pea shoots (widely available), or similar
- 4 free-range chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- Squeeze of clear honey
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 large carrots, shaved into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. In a bowl, toss the chicken pieces in the barbecue sauce until well coated. Transfer to a roasting tray and drizzle with a little olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes until sticky on the outside and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: mix the cider vinegar with the honey in a small bowl, gradually whisk in 1 tbsp olive oil, then squeeze in the lime juice and season well.
- In a medium bowl, mix the defrosted sweetcorn with the carrot ribbons, then toss with the pea shoots, mint and dressing.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, rest for 5 minutes, then slice into large chunks and serve with the salad.
Next time… Coarsely mash 300g sweetcorn, heat in a small pan with a little butter, then serve with the chicken
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Corn fritters with crispy bacon, red pepper jam and soured cream
These sweetcorn fritters with crispy bacon, red pepper jam and soured cream are perfect for...