Strawberry petits fours
- July 2005
- Makes 15
- Takes 25 minutes to make, plus 15 minutes cooling
End your meal or dinner party with a flourish – these lovely fruit-and-choc mouthfuls go perfectly with a coffee.
- 1.9g (1.1g saturated)
- 5g (5g sugars)
(Per petit four)
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken up
- 1 tsp Cointreau or a similar liqueur (don’t use any more than this)
- 15 ripe strawberries, stalks on
- Line a baking sheet with some baking paper.
- Put the chocolate and Cointreau or other liqueur into a bowl and melt in the microwave on a low-ish power for short bursts – it’s easy to overwork dark chocolate. You can melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Either way, don’t stir!
- As soon as the chocolate has melted, start to dip the strawberries. The trick to a posh-looking petit four is to have no bald patches and no drips, so carefully dip and rotate the fruit. Once it’s been coated two-thirds of the way up (you want to see some red), pull it out of the chocolate and let it drip. Hold it upside-down for a few seconds before transferring it to the tray with the baking paper. Repeat with the rest and leave to set in a cool place – not the fridge.
You’ll need a generous roll of baking paper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Individual summer berry compotes
With strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries and redcurrants, this dessert recipe is perfect for summer.