Stuffed chicken with cabbage and bacon
- August 2010
- 100g soft cheese with black pepper (we like Boursin Poivre)
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 10g finely grated Parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 large free-range chicken supremes (with wing bone attached)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 100g bacon lardons
- 1 small green cabbage, outer leaves discarded,
- quartered and shredded
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- Knob of butter
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. To make the filling, mix the soft cheese, crème fraîche, Parmesan, garlic, parsley and lemon zest together in a bowl.
- Carefully ease the skin away from one side of each breast, fill under the skin with the cheese mixture, then secure the skin with a couple of cocktail sticks. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil and season. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until just
- cooked through and golden.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon lardons in the remaining olive oil until crisp. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the cabbage for 2 minutes. Drain well, then add to the pan with the bacon, spring onion and a knob of butter. Fry for a couple of minutes more, seasoning with black pepper. Serve the cabbage and bacon alongside the stuffed chicken.
Rate & review