Chilli chicken with cucumber salad
- October 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
This quick chicken breast recipe is cooked with harissa, cumin and coriander, then served with a light cucumber salad.
- 7.6g (1.3g saturated)
- 5.1g (5g sugars)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 lemons
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 glugs olive oil
- 4 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 tsp harissa
- Large bunch fresh coriander
- 3 spring onions
- Steamed rice to serve
- For the salad, halve the cucumber lengthways, scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon, then cut into thick slices.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a shallow bowl, then add the cucumber, sugar and a good glug of oil. Stir and chill.
- Chop the chicken into large chunks, then set aside. Heat a glug of oil in a large sauté pan and add the cumin seeds. Cook gently until they start to smell toasted and fragrant.
- Season the chicken all over, add to the pan over a high heat and cook, tossing occasionally, for 5 minutes until the chicken is just cooked through but still juicy. Stir through the harissa, then roughly chop the coriander and toss through – it should be abundant.
- Season the cucumber well, then quickly slice the spring onions and stir into the cucumber. Serve the chicken with steamed rice, with the cucumber salad on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...