Teriyaki chicken with sweet potato wedges and slaw
- July 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Give chicken a new lease of life with teriyaki flavours, a crunchy slaw and healthy chips – this quick and easy family favourite can be enjoyed any night of the week.
- 15g (5.4g saturated)
- 67.8g (28.8g sugars)
- 5.4g fibre
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil or olive oil
- 4 free-range boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Juice 2 limes
For the slaw
- ½ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 3 medium carrots, finely sliced
- Bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 250ml greek yogurt
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potato wedges into a roasting tray with 1 tbsp oil and salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast for 25-30 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of baking paper and, using a meat tenderiser or rolling pin, bash until flattened. Put in a non-metallic bowl with the teriyaki sauce, juice of 1 lime and the remaining oil. Set a griddle pan over a medium heat.
- While the griddle pan is heating up, combine the cabbage, carrots and coriander in a bowl. Mix the remaining lime juice with the yogurt, then stir into the slaw ingredients.
- Put the chicken breasts on the griddle pan and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side until charred and cooked through (you’ll probably need to do this in 2 batches – keep the cooked ones warm on a plate covered with foil). Serve with the slaw and sweet potato wedges.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...