Teriyaki salmon stir-fry with wasabi-fried rice
- December 2011
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 tsp wasabi powder (we like Clearspring Wasabi powder from Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and delis)
- 2 x skinless salmon fillets (about 125g each)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 260g pack stir-fry vegetables (we like Waitrose Rainbow Vegetable Stir Fry)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 250g ready-cooked basmati rice
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Mix the teriyaki sauce with the lime zest and 1 tsp of the wasabi powder in a bowl. Add the salmon fillets, turn to coat, then leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Put a wok or sauté pan over a medium heat, add the oil, then cook the salmon for 2 minutes on each side until crisp, sticky and just cooked through.
- Flake into large chunks, then set aside. Tip the leftover marinade from the bowl into the pan, add the vegetables, then stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until starting to wilt.
- Mix the remaining wasabi with the lime juice and soy sauce, then add to the pan along with the basmati rice. Stir to combine. 5. When the rice is hot, fold through the coriander and the salmon, then serve immediately.
Replace the salmon with a similar quantity of diced chicken or lean diced pork.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter