Tomato and parsley omelette
- October 2013
- Serves 1
- Ready in 15 minutes
Try making this healthy omelette recipe for breakfast – it’s packed full of protein to help you feel fuller for longer.
- 23.3g (6g saturated)
- 3.6g (3.6g sugars)
- 1 large ripe tomato or 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp finely grated parmesan
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Drizzle of olive oil or knob of butter
- Toss the tomatoes with the parsley and extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl. Put the eggs, parmesan and spring onion in another bowl and beat with a fork. Season well. Put the oil or butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, pour in the egg mix and swirl so it coats the bottom of the pan. As the edges cook, pull them into the centre with a wooden spoon so the uncooked egg runs into the gaps. Repeat until the egg is almost all cooked and the bottom is golden, then gently flip over and cook for 1 minute or so on the underside.
- When the omelette is cooked but still a little soft in the middle, slide it out of the pan and onto a plate. Season the tomato, tip it onto one half of the omelette, then fold the other half over. Serve immediately.
Bulk this up a little with a slice of buttered rye toast.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter