Tomato and ricotta tart
- June 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 15-20 minutes to cook
This crowd-pleasing vegetarian tart recipe uses shop bought all-butter puff pastry making it quick and easy to put together.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.5g (10.6g saturated)
- 26.3g (6g sugars)
- 15g butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 230g ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 100g ricotta
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- A few fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 with a baking sheet inside. Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions, season and cook gently for 10 minutes or until starting to turn golden. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Cool slightly.
- Unroll the pastry and spread the cooled onion mix over, leaving an uncovered border of about 1cm. Dollop on the ricotta, then top with the tomatoes. Season well, then drizzle with olive oil. Transfer the tart to the hot baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden and the tomatoes are soft and juicy. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle over a little more oil, sprinkle with thyme, then serve.
Look for firm, bright red cherry tomatoes. Sliced ripe vine tomatoes will be good too.
Rate & review