Barbecued halloumi and coleslaw pittas
- July 2007
- for 6 people
- Ready in 25 minutes
These wraps are packed with interesting flavours and textures – sharp, spicy, salty, crunchy and squeaky, they’ve got the lot.
Per serving: 548kcals, 28.4g fat (15.3g saturated), 28.2g protein, 52.7g carbs, 6.5g sugar, 4.7g salt
- 3 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 x 250g packs haloumi, each cut into bite-size pieces
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 6 wholemeal pittas, to serve
For the coleslaw
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- 25g salted peanuts, toasted
- Handful fresh beansprouts
- First, make the coleslaw. Mix together the mayonnaise and lime juice in a large mixing bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, season, then toss together well.
- Sprinkle the jerk seasoning all over the halloumi, brush with olive oil and cook on a hot barbecue or griddle pan for 1-2 minutes each side, until it is slightly charred. Set aside.
- Brush each pitta with some olive oil, place on the barbecue or griddle pan and cook, turning, until heated through.
- To serve, carefully split open each pitta to make a pocket, then spoon the coleslaw and haloumi into each one. Then tuck in!
Rate & review