Barbecued halloumi and coleslaw pittas
- July 2007
- for 6 people
- Ready in 25 minutes
These wraps are packed with interesting flavours and textures – sharp, spicy, salty, crunchy and squeaky, they’ve got the lot.
Per serving: 548kcals, 28.4g fat (15.3g saturated), 28.2g protein, 52.7g carbs, 6.5g sugar, 4.7g salt
- 3 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 x 250g packs haloumi, each cut into bite-size pieces
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 6 wholemeal pittas, to serve
For the coleslaw
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- 25g salted peanuts, toasted
- Handful fresh beansprouts
- First, make the coleslaw. Mix together the mayonnaise and lime juice in a large mixing bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, season, then toss together well.
- Sprinkle the jerk seasoning all over the halloumi, brush with olive oil and cook on a hot barbecue or griddle pan for 1-2 minutes each side, until it is slightly charred. Set aside.
- Brush each pitta with some olive oil, place on the barbecue or griddle pan and cook, turning, until heated through.
- To serve, carefully split open each pitta to make a pocket, then spoon the coleslaw and haloumi into each one. Then tuck in!
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...