Tropical fruit smoothie
- February 2010
- Serves 4
- Ready in 10 minutes
Colourful tropical fruits generally have high levels of health-protecting antioxidants, such as flavonoids and carotenoids, so get ahead with your 5-a-day with this refreshing smoothie.
- 0.6g (0.2g saturated)
- 8 passion fruit
- 1 banana
- 2 very ripe, juicy mangoes
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 600ml orange juice
- Few handfuls of ice cubes
- Halve the passion fruit and scoop the pulp from the shells into a sieve set over a bowl. Push the pulp through with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to extract all the juice. Discard the seeds. Peel and slice the banana. Peel the mangoes, then slice the flesh from both sides of the stones.
- Put all the ingredients for the smoothie in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in large glasses.
Make sure that all the fruit is ripe, otherwise you may feel the need to add sugar or honey, and therefore you’ll consume more calories.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter