Winter apple and walnut salad
- December 2010
- Serves 8
- Takes 25 minutes to make
After all the rich food on Christmas Day, this crisp, fresh walnut salad is exactly what you need to cut through any festive indulgence.
If walnuts aren’t your thing, try this zesty fennel and orange saladh.
- 12.9g (2.6g saturated)
- 4g (2.8g sugars)
- 70g salad leaves such as rocket or watercress
- 5 red and white chicory, washed and leaves separated
- 1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 75g walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 50g Parmesan shavings
- Toss the salad leaves and chicory together in a bowl along with the apple and walnuts. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Season to taste, then spoon over the salad. Toss to coat, then sprinkle over Parmesan shavings to serve.
Rate & review