White fish with cherry tomatoes
- November 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 6-8 minutes to cook
This quick and healthy fish recipe is brought to life by the classic flavour pairing of balsamic and tomato.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8.4g (1.2g saturated)
- 6.3g (5.6g sugar)
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp shredded basil leaves
- 8 small (about 640g) hake, mackerel or sea bass fillets
- Rocket leaves and couscous to serve
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the garlic, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, season, then reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes have softened but still hold their shape. Take off the heat, then stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, season the fish. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the fish for 2 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Divide among plates, top with tomatoes and serve with rocket leaves and couscous, if you like.
Rate & review