Yogurt and harissa lamb with crunchy salad
- September 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 mins to make, 10 mins to cook
If you like the flavours of North Africa but don’t have much time this lamb recipe – ready in 30 minutes – is for you. It’s low in calories, too.
- 24.6g (3.4g saturated)
- 11.3g (10.6g sugars)
- 130g Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp harissa
- 1 large crushed garlic clove
- 4 thick lamb leg steaks (about 140g each)
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
For the crunchy salad
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot
- 30g flaked toasted almonds
- A large handful of lamb’s lettuce
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- A squeeze of orange juice
- Raita, to serve
- In a large dish, mix the yogurt with the harissa, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add the lamb leg steaks, toss to coat and leave for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the steaks over a medium-high heat for about 8 minutes (depending on thickness), turning once halfway. Remove from the pan and leave to rest.
- To make the crunchy salad rinse the red onion under cold water (to remove any harshness), drain and place in a bowl. Shred the carrot and mix with the almonds. Stir through the lamb’s lettuce and dress with the extra-virgin olive oil, orange juice and some seasoning.
- Serve the lamb with the salad and raita on the side.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter