Zatar-stuffed chicken with lemon couscous
- October 2010
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp zatar spice mix
- 100g cream cheese
- 30g plain flour
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- 100g tub Bart Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- Crispy Crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 170ml chicken stock, hot
- 110g Lemon and coriander couscous (we like Tesco
- Lemon and Coriander)
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Flatten the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film with a rolling pin, then mix together the zatar spices and cream cheese. Place half the mixture along the centre of a chicken breast. Bring the edges together to form a parcel, then secure with cocktail sticks. Roll in a dish of flour, dip in a dish of beaten egg, then finally roll in a dish of breadcrumbs. Repeat with the other chicken breast, then chill them for 5 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan with the oil. Fry the chicken parcels for 5 minutes or until golden all over, then cook in the oven for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour the stock over the couscous, then leave for 10 minutes covered with cling film. Remove the cling film and stir in the almonds with a fork. Serve together.
Try this recipe with flattened pork steaks instead of chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken salad recipes
Harissa chicken with bulgur wheat and parsley salad
Add flavour to plain chicken breasts in a flash. This harissa chicken is served with...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...