How to make nine ladies dancing lanterns
Here’s how to make a glowing centre piece for the Christmas table – these homemade lanterns are simple to make yet remarkably effective.
- 3 sheets of good quality paper
- Tracing paper
- A scalpel
- Sticky tape
- 3 jam jars
- Print the ladies dancing design onto A4 paper (landscape).
- Using a scalpel, or scissors, cut away all the grey areas to reveal the ladies dancing and the scalloped edge.
- Print the lantern design onto A4 heavy weight (100gsm) tracing paper (landscape).
- Fold each of the long sides of the tracing paper along the dotted line and make a firm crease.
- Using scissors, snip along the black lines and trim off the grey areas at the sides.
- Unfold the ends then use a hole punch to punch out the black circles.
- Turn the tracing paper over so the creases are uppermost.
- Using glue, or even better, spray mount, stick the ladies onto the centre of the tracing paper.
- Roll into a cylinder with the ladies on the outside and stick the ends together with double sided sticky tape.
- Place a tea light into 3 narrow jam jars then place each of your lanterns over the jam jar.