How to make nine ladies dancing lanterns
Here’s how to make a glowing centre piece for the Christmas table – these homemade lanterns are simple to make yet remarkably effective.
- 3 sheets of good quality paper
- Tracing paper
- A scalpel
- Sticky tape
- 3 jam jars
- Print the ladies dancing design onto A4 paper (landscape).
- Using a scalpel, or scissors, cut away all the grey areas to reveal the ladies dancing and the scalloped edge.
- Print the lantern design onto A4 heavy weight (100gsm) tracing paper (landscape).
- Fold each of the long sides of the tracing paper along the dotted line and make a firm crease.
- Using scissors, snip along the black lines and trim off the grey areas at the sides.
- Unfold the ends then use a hole punch to punch out the black circles.
- Turn the tracing paper over so the creases are uppermost.
- Using glue, or even better, spray mount, stick the ladies onto the centre of the tracing paper.
- Roll into a cylinder with the ladies on the outside and stick the ends together with double sided sticky tape.
- Place a tea light into 3 narrow jam jars then place each of your lanterns over the jam jar.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...