One-tray roast chicken – video
We love a traybake. Chicken breasts are stuffed with a creamy pesto, then popped in the oven with kale, leeks and white wine in this winning weeknight meal.
Fancy making it? Here’s the full recipe.
This video was made by our friends at Fisher & Paykel, using their home appliances.
One-tray roast chicken:
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the shallots and leeks in a medium roasting tray and drizzle with oil. Season, then roast for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese and pesto with a little seasoning. Cut a slit along the side of each chicken breast, then spoon in the filling.
- Remove the roasting tray from the oven, then add the wine and chicken. Roast for 15 minutes or until the chicken is nearly cooked.
- Remove the tray from the oven and scatter the kale over and around the chicken. Add a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of oil, then return to the oven for 5-8 minutes until the kale is crisp and the chicken is cooked.
- Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, then serve with the pan juices drizzled over, with new potatoes, if you like.
Or swap meat for fish with this salmon tray bake.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...