Baked sweet potatoes with spiced butter
- January 2011
- Serves 6
- Takes 2 minutes to make, about 50 minutes to cook, plus chilling
This baked sweet potato recipe is a less starchy alternative to traditional potatoes. The spiced butter adds warming winter flavours.
- 14.4g (8.9g saturated)
- 42.8g (11g sugar)
- 100g butter, softened, plus extra to serve
- Large pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- In a bowl, beat the butter, cinnamon and paprika with a pinch of salt. Spoon onto a sheet of cling film, then roll up to form a log shape and tie at the ends. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Split the sweet potatoes in half lengthways, then slice 12 rounds from the chilled butter and place one on each cut side. Bake the sweet potatoes for about 50 minutes until soft and golden. Serve with extra butter discs.
Rate & review