Beef, spinach and mozzarella ragù
- September 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 40 minutes
This beef ragù recipe makes the perfect weeknight dish; it’s quick, inexpensive and satisfying.
- 500g pack beef mince
- 2 tsps olive oil
- A handful chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- ½ of a 680g jar passata with onions and garlic
- 400g conchiglie (shell) pasta
- A few handfuls baby spinach
- 150g mozzarella, torn
- Stir-fry the mince in the olive oil until browned. Add the chestnut mushrooms, sliced, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the passata with onions and garlic and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Stir baby spinach and mozzarella into the ragù sauce and cook until the cheese is just beginning to melt and the spinach is wilted.
- Toss with the pasta. Serve immediately.
Go for a smooth red this time, such as Pinot Noir.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Broad beans, peas with mozzarella and parma ham crumble
A vibrant broad bean recipe showcasing the best of the summer’s green veg – with...