Fennel and mozzarella tray bake
- October 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 30 min
Enjoy the flavours of Italy in this quick and easy vegetarian traybake recipe. On the table and ready to eat in under an hour – this will quickly become a new family favourite.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 35.1g (8.1g saturated)
- 41.3g (11.3g sugars)
- 4 large fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into quarters lengthways
- 290g jar pitted black olives, drained and halved
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large onions, cut into 1cm thick wedges
- 250g ciabatta, torn
- 440g cherry tomatoes
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 125g mozzarella, torn
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, then add the fennel and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Put the fennel and all the remaining ingredients, except the olive oil and mozzarella, into a large, deep roasting dish. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the oil and toss together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through, until the vegetables are golden and the bread is toasted. Dot the mozzarella over and cook for 5 more minutes or until melted, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Whole baked cauliflower with pearl barley, wild mushrooms and cheese
An impressive cauliflower cheese-inspired recipe made heartier with pearl barley and wild mushrooms. This is...