Beetroot and goat’s cheese tart
- April 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min oven time 35 min
This vibrant puff pastry tart recipe uses peppery rocket and creamy feta which perfectly compliments the sweet roasted beetroot.
- 24.8g (10g saturated)
- 27.8g (27g sugars)
- 500g bunch raw beetroot
- 100ml clear honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Squeeze orange juice
- 320g puff pastry sheet
- 15g shelled hazelnuts
- 25g soft vegetarian goat’s cheese
- Rocket to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Peel, then finely slice the beetroot. Layer evenly in a foil-lined roasting tin, then drizzle with the honey, oil and orange juice. Cover with foil, then roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the pastry on a baking sheet, prick all over with a fork and bake on the shelf below the beetroot for 20 minutes. Remove, then put another baking sheet on top to gently flatten the pastry.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven and take off the foil. Uncover the pastry, then use a fish slice to put the beetroot on top (leave a 2cm border). Drizzle over any juices. Chop the hazelnuts and crumble the goat’s cheese, then scatter over the tart. Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Serve scattered with rocket, if using.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheddar and chard tart with cheese and oatmeal pastry
Cheddar and chard are paired with a robust oatmeal pastry in Debbie Major’s cheesy vegetarian...