Buttered cabbage and leeks
- March 2010
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
These buttered cabbage and leeks make a delicious side dish recipe.
- 2.6g (1.4g saturated)
- 3.9g (3.3g sugars)
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- ½ savoy or january king cabbage, shredded, core discarded
- Knob of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Blanch the leek and cabbage in a pan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold running water and drain again.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the garlic and fry over a gentle heat for 1 minute. Add the leek and cabbage and sauté over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing the pan occasionally. Season well and serve with the chicken and beans.
Rate & review