Buttered cabbage and leeks
- March 2010
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- ½ savoy or january king cabbage, shredded, core discarded
- Knob of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Blanch the leek and cabbage in a pan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold running water and drain again.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the garlic and fry over a gentle heat for 1 minute. Add the leek and cabbage and sauté over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing the pan occasionally. Season well and serve with the chicken and beans.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...