Pea pesto pasta
- March 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
We’ve used frozen peas, fresh mint and toasted hazelnuts to add a fresh, nutty flavour to this 10 minute pasta recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 28.3g (5.9g saturated)
- 27g protein
- 86.8g carbs (5.4g sugars)
- 0.3g salt
- 400g tagliatelle
- 500g frozen peas, defrosted
- Handful fresh mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts, plus extra
- 50g parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- 75ml olive oil
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes or until al dente (or according to the pack instructions).
- Meanwhile, whizz the peas, mint, garlic and 2 tbsp hazelnuts to a paste, grate in the cheese, then drizzle in the olive oil, still whizzing, until you have a smooth, creamy pesto. Taste and season.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving a little of the cooking liquid, then return it to the pan and toss with the pea pesto and reserved cooking liquid to coat. Scatter over the extra toasted hazelnuts, then serve garnished with shredded mint and a grinding of black pepper.
Rate & review