Butternut squash and sweet potato tortilla
- October 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to cook
This veggie tortilla recipe makes the most of seasonal vegetables.
- 350g packet butternut and sweet potato cubes (from Waitrose)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 100g vegetarian feta, crumbled
- Bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Green salad to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the butternut and sweet potato cubes in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 5-6 minutes until tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion in the olive oil over a medium heat in a small frying pan for 5-10 minutes until tender. Add the butternut and sweet potato cubes, turn the heat to medium-high and cook for 2 minutes until they turn lightly golden. Pour in the beaten eggs, feta, parsley and pine nuts and cook for 5-10 minutes until the underside of the tortilla is golden brown (use a spatula to lift the edge to check).
- Place under the grill and cook for 5-10 minutes until the tortilla is fully set and the top is golden. Invert onto a chopping board, cut into wedges and serve with a green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Oven-roasted spiced squash and cauliflower risotto
Our spiced butternut squash and cauliflower risotto is low in saturated fat making it a...