Chantenay carrots with tarragon
- January 2008
- Serves 6
- Ready in 10 minutes
This quick and easy Chantenay carrot side dish is brimming with white wine and tarragon flavours.
- 1kg Chantenay carrots
- 100ml dry white wine
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 40g softened butter
- A small handful chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Cook the Chantenay carrots in boiling water for 5 minutes, until nearly tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Pour in the wine, bring to the boil, then simmer for a few minutes, until reduced by two-thirds.
- Stir in the reserved tarragon. Mix in the lemon zest and the butter and melt.
- Season and scatter with a small handful chopped fresh tarragon leaves to serve.
Rate & review