Cheat’s beef biryani
- April 2007
- 150g basmati rice
- 410g can lentils, drained
- Handful fresh coriander
- 500g pack minced beef
- 425g jar balti curry sauce
- Cook the rice in boiling, lightly salted water for 10-12 minutes, until al dente. Drain well and tip into a large bowl.
- Add the lentils and coriander. Gently mix together and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add minced beef and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until browned. Stir in the curry sauce, then quarter-fill the jar with water and rinse out into the pan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes – you want to keep the mince fairly juicy.
- Add the rice mixture and gently mix everything together. Divide between plates and serve with mango chutney and poppadoms, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...