Cheat’s beef biryani
- April 2007
- 150g basmati rice
- 410g can lentils, drained
- Handful fresh coriander
- 500g pack minced beef
- 425g jar balti curry sauce
- Cook the rice in boiling, lightly salted water for 10-12 minutes, until al dente. Drain well and tip into a large bowl.
- Add the lentils and coriander. Gently mix together and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add minced beef and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until browned. Stir in the curry sauce, then quarter-fill the jar with water and rinse out into the pan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes – you want to keep the mince fairly juicy.
- Add the rice mixture and gently mix everything together. Divide between plates and serve with mango chutney and poppadoms, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter