Chestnut and almond creams
- December 2006
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 25 mins, 6-7 mins oven time, plus cooling
Chestnuts have a very distinct Winter flavour – try using them in their puréed form to make this yummy dessert recipe.
- 24.6g (14.1g saturated)
- 54.5g (40g sugars)
- 25g blanched almonds
- 225g canned chestnut purée
- 100g caster sugar
- 200ml crème fraîche
- Runny honey (chestnut if possible), to drizzle
- Cover the blanched almonds with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes. Drain and slice lengthways into thin shards. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Spread the nuts out on a baking tray and roast for 6-7 minutes, until golden. Remove and leave to cool.
- Put the chestnut purée in a small pan over a gentle heat and warm through – don’t let it get too hot. Beat in the sugar (the purée will go glossy and dark). Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Drop alternate teaspoonfuls of the chestnut purée and crème fraîche into 4 x 150ml dessert glasses and swirl with the handle of a spoon. Drizzle with a little honey and scatter with almonds to serve.
Rate & review