Chicken and butter beans in a tomato, courgette and pepper sauce
- August 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 58-60 min
Create this simple dish of chicken and butter beans in a tomato, courgette and pepper sauce and let the flavours speak for themselves.
- 16.4g (4.7g saturated)
- 32.6g (16.3g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 600g roast tomato sauce (see our recipe)
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 free-range chicken legs
- 60g feta cheese, crumbled
- Bunch fresh basil, leaves picked, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Pour a glug of oil into a shallow casserole or baking dish, add the onion, courgettes and pepper, then toss to coat. Season, then roast for 8-10 minutes until starting to soften.
- Pour in the roast tomato sauce and butter beans, stir to combine, then nestle the chicken legs on top of the sauce in the dish and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and crumble over the feta cheese, turn the grill to very hot, then put the dish under it for 5-8 minutes more until the chicken turns deep golden (keep an eye on it as grills can vary). Scatter with the basil leaves (torn if large) and serve with plain rice, potatoes or crusty bread.
Rate & review