Chicken and smoked mozzarella quesadillas
- August 2004
- 2 ready-to-eat cooked chicken breasts, finely diced
- ½ small red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 200g smoked mozzarella, finely diced
- Few fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- Olive oil, to grease
- Watercress and cherry tomatoes on the vine, to serve
- Put the chicken, pepper, spring onions, mozzarella and sage into a bowl. Season and mix together.
- Lay a tortilla flat. Scatter a quarter of the chicken mixture over it, top with another tortilla and press together. Make 3 more quesadillas in the same way.
- Grease 2 large frying pans with a little olive oil and put over a medium heat. Put 1 quesadilla into each pan and cook for 2 minutes, until golden. Invert on to a plate, then slide back into the pan and cook for 2 minutes, until the filling is hot and the cheese just melting. Set aside while you cook the other 2. Cut each quesadilla into 4 and serve with watercress and cherry tomatoes.
Smoked mozzarella has a smoky, almost nutty flavour. If you can’t find it in Italian delis, use regular mozzarella.
Rate & review