Quick spicy quesadillas
- July 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 10 mins, plus 6 mins cooking time
A great vegetarian recipe that even die-hard meat eaters will love. You could easily increase the quantities and serve this tasty Mexican treat at a party.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 210g vegetarian refried beans
- 1 tbsp ready-diced red chilli or 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, finely diced
- A small handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 soft flour tortillas
- A handful of grated (vegetarian) Cheddar
- Fresh guacamole, to serve
- In a bowl, mix the beans with the red chilli, pepper, coriander leaves and spring onions. Season and spread evenly over 2 soft flour tortillas. Top each with a handful of grated Cheddar and sandwich a second tortilla on top.
- Heat a large non-stick pan, lightly greased with olive oil, over a medium-high heat. Carefully fry each quesadilla, 1 at a time, for about 1½ minutes each side, until they are golden and the filling is hot (invert onto a plate to turn them over).
- Cut into wedges and serve with fresh guacamole, for dipping.
Rate & review