Quick spicy quesadillas
- July 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 10 mins, plus 6 mins cooking time
A great vegetarian recipe that even die-hard meat eaters will love. You could easily increase the quantities and serve this tasty Mexican treat at a party.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 210g vegetarian refried beans
- 1 tbsp ready-diced red chilli or 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, finely diced
- A small handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 soft flour tortillas
- A handful of grated (vegetarian) Cheddar
- Fresh guacamole, to serve
- In a bowl, mix the beans with the red chilli, pepper, coriander leaves and spring onions. Season and spread evenly over 2 soft flour tortillas. Top each with a handful of grated Cheddar and sandwich a second tortilla on top.
- Heat a large non-stick pan, lightly greased with olive oil, over a medium-high heat. Carefully fry each quesadilla, 1 at a time, for about 1½ minutes each side, until they are golden and the filling is hot (invert onto a plate to turn them over).
- Cut into wedges and serve with fresh guacamole, for dipping.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...