Chicken fajitas with corn salsa
- December 2013
- Serves 6-8
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
The perfect midweek meal, this chicken fajita recipe can be served with soured cream, grated cheddar and corn salsa. A great way to use up leftover roast chicken, too.
- 12.2g (6g saturated)
- 25.7g protein
- 47.3g (8g sugars)
- 4.5g fibre
- 1.3g salt
For the corn salsa
- 2 x 340g cans sweetcorn
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Handful chopped fresh coriander
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- Juice 3 limes
For the fajitas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g cooked chicken
- Soured cream
- Grated cheddar
- For the corn salsa, drain and rinse the sweetcorn. Mix in a bowl with the red onion, chopped coriander, chillies and lime juice. Season and set aside.
- For the fajitas, heat a large frying pan with the olive oil, then fry the onions and red peppers over a high heat until soft and browning at the edges. Stir in the Cajun seasoning and the garlic cloves, adding more oil if it looks dry – take care not to burn the spices.
- Shred the cooked chicken (ideally from a whole roast bird), toss through the onion mix, then season. Heat through, then serve with warm tortillas, soured cream, grated cheddar and the corn salsa.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer stew recipes and pot roasts
Tomato, merguez sausage and cannellini summer stew
The merguez sausage in this summery stew recipe brings a welcome touch of spice to...
Healthy family meals
Garlicky vegetable, bean and herb pot with parmesan toasts
This vegetarian recipe is quick and easy and is packed full of flavour.