Chicken noodle broth
- March 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
This speedy chicken noodle broth, with miso, chilli and ginger makes a brilliant shortcut supper.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 30g Yutaka wakame miso soup paste (from Asda), or similar
- 200g chicken breast mini fillets
- 100g Asda Chosen By You rice noodles, or similar
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 large red chilli, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 star anise
- 2cm fresh ginger, sliced
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan, then add the chilli and garlic. Fry gently over a medium heat for 1 minute. Add the miso soup paste with 750ml boiling water, then stir and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Add the chicken fillets. Reduce the heat, then add the fish sauce, soy sauce, star anise and ginger and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate with a slotted spoon and shred with a fork, then return to the broth and season.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, then stir in the rice noodles and set aside for 3 minutes to heat through.
- Divide the chicken noodle broth between 2 large serving bowls, then scatter with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Rate & review