Chicken with pumpkin, pancetta and chickpea stir-fry
- January 2013
- 4 small chicken breasts (about 160g each), skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g pancetta, chopped
- 500g pumpkin or butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 200ml good-quality chicken stock, hot
- Handful of fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Chopped fresh flatleaf parsley to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Flatten the chicken breasts slightly by pressing with a rolling pin between 2 sheets of cling film. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Season the chicken breasts and sear, skin-side down, for 2 minutes, then flip over and briefly sear the other side. Transfer to a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, put the pancetta in the pan used to cook the chicken and fry until crisp. Add the pumpkin/squash and the hot chicken stock and cook for 5-6 minutes until the pumpkin/squash is tender. Add the chopped sage and the chickpeas, stir, then cook for a few minutes more. Serve topped with the sliced chicken, scattered with the parsley.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...