Chickpea, goat’s cheese and rocket salad
- May 2009
- Serves 6 as a starter
- Hands on time 15 min, on the hob 1 hour 15 min, plus overnight soaking
A delicious and healthy vegetarian chickpea, goat’s cheese and rocket salad. Try adding blanched, toasted and chopped hazelnuts to the salad for added crunch.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 37g fat (10g saturated)
- 20.9g protein
- 28g carbs (4g sugars)
- 200g dried chickpeas
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice 1 large lemon
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Small handful fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 50g wild rocket
- 150g mild, creamy goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl of cold water and leave to soak overnight.
- Drain the chickpeas, place in a pan and cover with fresh water. Bring to the boil and simmer rapidly, partially covered, for 1 hour or until very tender. Drain well and place in a large bowl. While warm, pour over the oil and lemon juice and season. Cool.
- Toss the tomatoes, parsley and rocket with the chickpeas. Divide among plates and crumble over the goat’s cheese to serve.
Use good quality tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed well, and quickly warmed in a pan if you don’t have time to soak overnight.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Warm lamb and chickpea salad
This warm lamb salad recipe is a great way to use up left over meat,...