Chocolate and walnut brownies
- December 2005
- A crowd
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to bake, plus cooling
These chocolate and walnut brownies are super rich, so we’ve sliced them into small squares as a dainty but decadent petit-four. You could, of course, serve as larger slices too. We’ll leave you to decide…
- 200g butter
- 125g plain chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, broken up
- 2 medium eggs
- 210g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 125g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Line a 33 x 28cm Swiss roll tin with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180C/ fan160C/gas 4.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a small pan over a low heat, stirring until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar, until thick and foamy. Whisk in the chocolate, then fold in the flour and walnuts. Pour and spread in the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. To check if the brownie is cooked, push a cocktail stick into the mixture, leave for 2 seconds, then remove – if the cocktail stick is clean and not sticky, it is cooked. Cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and, using a sharp-bladed knife, cut into 2cm square petits fours or larger slices, and wipe the knife clean often as the mixture may stick to it.
The brownies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...