Chocolate fudge pots with blueberries in cassis
- September 2004
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 20 mins, plus chilling
Try this smart dessert recipe using blueberries in cassis and bitter dark chocolate. When in season, you could use blackcurrants in lieu of the blueberries.
For a nutty alternative, try these hazelnut and banana chocolate pots.
- 28g (15.9g saturated)
- 31g (31.1g sugars)
- 200g plain chocolate (up to 50% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 100g unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 4 medium eggs, separated
- 150g blueberries
- 150ml cassis (blackcurrant) liqueur
- 6 tbsp Greek yogurt, crème fraîche or fromage frais, to serve
- Put the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl. Melt in a 900-watt microwave on medium for 30 second bursts, until melted. Stir well to combine.
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then add the yolks to the chocolate mixture and mix together until smooth and glossy. Then gently fold in the whisked egg whites. Carefully spoon the mixture into pots and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Put the blueberries into a pan with the cassis liqueur. Just bring to the boil to soften, then remove the fruit with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl. Boil the cassis for 2-3 minutes, until reduced and syrupy. Pour over the blueberries and cool.
- To serve, top each chocolate fudge pot with a dollop of Greek yogurt, crème fraîche or fromage frais. Crown with blueberries and cassis syrup.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter