Banana and hazelnut chocolate pots
- December 2014
- Makes 8
- Hands-on time 40 min, plus chilling
You can make this chocolate pot recipe up to two days in advance making them perfect for dinner parties.
You might also love our chocolate orange cream pie.
- 30.4g (16.1g saturated)
- 41.7g (40.2g sugars)
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 250ml double cream
- a good pinch of sea salt flakes
- 75g light muscovado sugar, plus 1 tbsp for the hazelnuts
- 250g finely chopped dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids)
- 60g blanched hazelnuts
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, then mix in the cream, sea salt flakes and sugar. Pour into a pan and heat very gently, stirring constantly, until steaming. Scatter in the dark chocolate, then take off the heat and stir to combine. Transfer to a food processor and whizz until smooth (or use a stick blender). Strain through a sieve into a jug, discarding any strainings, then share among 8 small glasses or pots.
- Cover each with a piece of cling film, leave to cool completely, then chill (see make ahead).
- Meanwhile, toast the hazelnuts in a medium oven, then very finely chop or whizz to fine crumbs in a food processor with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Keep somewhere cool in an airtight container or bag until needed.
- To serve, scatter some of the sugared hazelnuts over the top of each pot and serve. Put the rest in a bowl for people to add themselves.
The finished pots will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 48 hours.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter