Coconut rice and Thai chicken skewers
- March 2013
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 minutes
This Thai chicken and coconut rice recipe makes an inspiring and delicious supper that requires just a few ingredients.
- 8.4g (6.3g saturated)
- 55.4g (3.5g sugars)
- 3 free-range chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soft light brown sugar
- 1 red chilli
- knob of fresh ginger
- 1 lime
- wooden skewers or lemongrass stalks
- 250g basmati rice
- 160ml tin coconut milk
- coriander leaves
- Chop 3 free-range chicken breasts into bite-size chunks and marinate in the soy sauce, fish sauce, soft light brown sugar, red chilli, finely chopped, a knob of fresh ginger, grated, and the zest and juice of the lime for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread onto soaked wooden skewers or lemongrass stalks.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle and fry/grill for 5-6 minutes, turning and basting, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook 250g basmati rice in a deep pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, then drain and return to the pan with a 160ml tin coconut milk.
- Cook over a low heat for 2 minutes, stirring, until the coconut milk has been absorbed.
- Serve with the skewers, scattered with coriander leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Gujarati-style runner beans with spiced chicken skewers
This Indian-style recipe is low in calories, salt and fat and makes a wonderful summer...