Lemon chilli chicken fajitas
- October 2009
- Serves 4-6
- Hands on time 20 mins, 10 mins cooking time, plus marinating
A low-fat, low-cal moreish Mexican dish of chicken fajitas, with a lemony kick.
- 9.8g (1.6g saturated)
- 44.8g (8g sugars)
BASED ON 6
- 4 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked hot paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 each red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Flour tortillas, warmed, to serve
For the fresh tomato salsa
- 6 ripe vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Thickly slice the chicken breasts and place in a bowl with the lemon juice, garlic, dried spices and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Mix everything together in a bowl, season and set aside.
- Preheat a large griddle pan over a high heat. Season the chicken, and toss the peppers and onion in the remaining oil. Griddle the chicken for 3 minutes, turning occasionally, then add the peppers and onion and cook for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chargrilled chicken and vegetables in tortillas, along with the fresh tomato salsa.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...