Lemon chilli chicken fajitas
- October 2009
- Serves 4-6
- Hands on time 20 mins, 10 mins cooking time, plus marinating
A low-fat, low-cal moreish Mexican dish of chicken fajitas, with a lemony kick.
- 9.8g (1.6g saturated)
- 44.8g (8g sugars)
BASED ON 6
- 4 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked hot paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 each red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Flour tortillas, warmed, to serve
For the fresh tomato salsa
- 6 ripe vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Thickly slice the chicken breasts and place in a bowl with the lemon juice, garlic, dried spices and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Mix everything together in a bowl, season and set aside.
- Preheat a large griddle pan over a high heat. Season the chicken, and toss the peppers and onion in the remaining oil. Griddle the chicken for 3 minutes, turning occasionally, then add the peppers and onion and cook for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chargrilled chicken and vegetables in tortillas, along with the fresh tomato salsa.
Rate & review